Wednesday, March 28, 2012

who makes the worst laptop batteries

Get a Dell Latitude series. You should be able to pick one sony vgp-bps9 battery, sony vgp-bpl9 battery up for approximately a grand. These are dependable computers for the most part. As someone who works on Dells, the warranties are pretty kick ass.
A solid state hard drive is a good investment on a laptop.
Most people don’t treat their computers too well. Just remember that its not invincible, and that you can’t treat it like shit an expect it to last forever.
1) Keep it in clean environments
2) Don’t move it too much when its on. This is how hard drives break.
3) Flat surfaces are key. You don’t want the fans sucking in pieces of lint from your bed.
4) Keep your pets away. No matter how cute your cat lying on the keyboard looks, just know that your computer will have its hair in your heatsink, which can cause your computer to overheat and die.
5) If you have a virus, chances are you know where you got it from regardless of how tech savvy you are. You pretty much have to try to get a virus these days.
For the love of god, stay away from HP. My family has so far gone through three hp laptop batteries, two of which were bought within a few months of each other. So far, two out of three of their laptop batteries (all different models) have had some serious problem as a result of how they were manufactured. The issue with the first of my mother’s hp laptop batteries essentially frying itself was dell inspiron mini 10 battery, dell inspiron mini 12 battery the result of a defective chipset and a poorly designed cooling system. The issue with mine where the speakers and power button have stopped working is the result of Hp using cheap wiring that was not designed to stand up to the heat produced by the system, and again a poorly designed ventilation/cooling system.
From what I can tell the company will cut corners anywhere in production so long as it will make them a profit. Even when the laptop batteries weren’t experiencing a catastrophic failure, they ran poorly at best. I can’t say this enough, DON’T GET HP.
My current laptop is a 17 Toshiba. I really like it, its light, slim, great display, but the battery isnt fantastic, like 2 hours max, and it heats up pretty good. It also has a built-in SD/etc. reader which is pretty nifty too.
Before that I had a 17 Dell which my ex-girlfriend destroyed. It was bigger, heavier, clunkier, and very crash-prone. It blue screened routinely. That could have been a matter of not having Vista SP1, who knows.
Dunno who makes the best. But I’ll tell you who makes the worst laptop batteries. ACER. They fuckin suck. Hardware fails within the first 4 months. Support is by far the worst as well.
Actually they make crappy hardware all around. I bought one of their Windows Home server boxes , same time asus a32-f3 battery, asus a33-f3 battery I bought one of their notebooks. WHS box failed within the first month. Had to ship it off to get motherboard replaced. Notebook, powerplug on the rear came loose and came off the main board.
I guess you get what you pay for. Acer’s prices are among the cheapest. So obviously their hardware functions accordingly
Never again. I’ll spend the extra money and go with Dell , HP or Toshiba.
This is only anecdotal, but I have three dead Apple laptop batteries sitting here at this very moment, and my brother has one at his home too. There’s two other Apple laptop batteries still running in my family, but one is only a few months old, and the other is a MacBook Pro I’ve personally had to perform CPR on several times in the past to keep running.
There’s only been two PC in my family in maybe 15 years that I can recall. The oldest (from 1999) is a NEC,Dell Inspiron 6400 Battery, which my brother’s family dropped off here to see if I could fix some glitch on it, but I haven’t looked at it yet. The other is a cheapo Compaq laptop I’ve had since 2003, and still works– although I have had problems with it on occasion during that time.
I believe the answer dell latitude d630 battery, dell latitude d830 battery is no one. Given your budget constraints, I’d buy a Dell E6500 (or similar high-end Latitude, if you want a smaller screen size) — the high-end Dells are pretty okay, and more importantly, Dell is the last company with a decent service department. Operators are in India, so occasionally have a strong accent, but ultimately, do a good job. Repair centers fix things fast and right most of the time. You can find coupons to bring the Latitudes to decent prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment